- Roasted peanuts without shells
- salted, unsalted, honey roasted - any flavor will do!
- 1-2 T Vegetable Oil
- Food Processor
- Knife or Spatula
- Measuring Cup & Tablespoon
- Container to store finished Peanut Butter
1. Pour desired amount of peanuts into a food processor.
2 cups of peanuts equals about 8oz (1 cup) of peanut butter.
2. Grind the peanuts until it looks like peanut butter powder. You might have to scrape the peanuts down the side of the processor at this point.
3. Add 1-2 T of Vegetable oil. Continue grinding and scraping (it may take a few minutes) until mixture looks like this:
4. Store in container with lid. You can choose to refrigerate it or not.
For some reason, I was really intimidated to make homemade peanut butter. This is SO silly, because it is one of the easiest things to make! And it tastes so delicious!
I found peanuts at our local Woodman's that were already roasted and without shells. You can probably find them at most local food or bulk kind of stores. I bought 1 lb for a $2.09, which equals about 20 oz of peanut butter. Peanut Butter can cost as much as $3.00 for 16oz! Plus, your paying for extra sugars when you buy a store bought brand. I also use less homemade peanut butter than I would store-bought because of it's consistency. It goes great with homemade bread!
Have your tried making your own peanut butter? What things do you prefer to make from scratch?