May 2, 2013

A Year from Now...

Base Image // Source
May has me thinking about transitions. There's something about the fresh spring air that proclaims newness and change. The Head and the Heart is one my favorite bands and they have a song that embodies change, transition, and missing the people that make you: Rivers and Roads. I love the song, but it's one that saddens your heart to acknowledge the truth behinds its lyrics. 

been talking bout the way things change
and my family lives in a different state
and if you don't know what to make of this
then we will not relate
so if you don't know what to make of this
then we will not relate


While a year ago things were very different from where they are now, I am thankful for the way things change - for the seasons and the passing of time. Grateful for the friends I've made here and there, even though they're gone away. I just don't want to think about this time next year, knowing I'll be parted from even more lovely people along the way. So, I'm not thinking about a year from now. I'm thinking about right now. Soaking up spring with the people here.

Rivers & Roads til I reach you.

No comments:

Post a Comment