January 30, 2015

Katie + Tim: Breakfast Engagement

When Tim and I announced to our families at Christmas time that we were planning to get engaged in the New Year, we were also mulling over ideas about what we wanted to do for our engagement. Every the egalitarians (and yet, the romantics), we wanted something special, intentional, and something that honored our values. It was important to Tim and me that we both asked each other and we set about to figure out what else it would entail. Since we both love cooking meals together and breakfast is our favorite, we decided to cook breakfast together and then spend the rest of the day calling friends and family.
We decided to make waffles, of course! Tim received Blueberry syrup and Blueberry waffle/pancake mix for Christmas. From the picture above it looks as if Tim did the cooking...and he did. I set the table, snapped a few pictures, and stirred the waffle mix. Before beginning to make breakfast, we hadn't decided who was going to ask first or at what time in our breakfast prep or eating someone would propose--we just went with it!
Once our meal was ready, we sat down to eat. A few minutes into our breakfast, our Land Lady and Maintenance Man rang the doorbell. They wanted to let us know that they were updating the lighting in the backyard. A representative from the local power company was going to come by soon, if we wanted to come out and chat with them after breakfast! We thanked them for the invite and they left to continue surveying the backyard.
Once we returned to the table after that fun interlude, I turned to Tim, took his hands and asked him if he would marry me. He said, "Yes!" Then, asked me if I would marry him. And I said, "Yes, gladly!"
And here's an engagement photo for good measure! My talented sister, Lillie, took engagement photos for us in Staunton during Christmas break. I wanted Lillie to take our pictures, but knew she wouldn't be able to come to Richmond and we don't have many opportunities to see each other. It was a really special, chilly afternoon running around with two of my favorite people!

1 comment: