December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

My family came to Elgin for Thanksgiving this year. It was so sweet for them to come out to visit me - since this will likely be the only chance for them to come see where I will have spent two years of my life! 
They took a Sunday morning to cook breakfast for my housemates and myself. (Lillie and I stayed away from the sausage gravy, but I think my meat-deprived housemates appreciated it!) They made homemade bisquits, sausage gravy, eggs, and fried potatoes. Homecooked breakfasts are amazing. 
We journeyed to Chicago for a brisk day of walking and exploring. We found the Bean, ate some amazing falfal at Sultan's Market, visited the Christkindlmartket, and rode the Metra to and fro.
Thanksgiving Day was relaxed and wonderful. I made Mac & Cheese, while Mama made mashed potatoes, broccoli, salad, and of course TOFURKEY. We streamed the Macy's Day Parade from my laptop. Then finished the day with an evening of Scattegories and Awkward Family Photo. I could play Scattegories all day every day. 
Other random adventures throughout the week included: celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, traveling through time and space on the Tardis, going for walks around the neighborhood and finding a fairy door, and Lou Malnati's Chicago Style Deep Dish pizza! 

I miss them so much already. But I'll be journeying home in just under 3 and half weeks to spend Christmas in Virginia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment