February 13, 2010

Summer, Summer get a clue...

"Where do we go and what do we do now? 
Isn't it enough to be young and free now?"
- Come on, Sugar


I didn't make Peace Team. Don't worry, it's not as sad as it sounds. I prepared myself not to get it, because of a lot of factors. I'm a sophomore (meaning that I can apply again) and I haven't done MSS, yet. I'm a little disappointed that they strongly suggest you do MSS before doing Peace Team, I don't believe that it should be such a big deal. They want to whole team to have done MSS before doing Peace Team? I don't believe that to be true. I'm still debating on applying to MSS or not. I suppose I could also fill out the application and then decide it's something I don't want to do. It shouldn 't be something I have to talk myself into doing. I didn't talk myself into applying for Peace Team.

Applying to MSS is a possibility, but I haven't decided what I am going to do with my summer. I could work at Student Affairs again. Hopefully, working out this summer instead of like I did last summer. But there has to be more that just MSS and Student Affairs. I'm not sure if I want to work at a summer camp all summer, but that wouldn't be so bad. I could apply for the Christian Summer Service camp scholarship, but I didn't get that last year, either. If at first you don't succeed: try, try again. Does that apply here? Or should I just forget about it?

The college chaplain put an application to be a Student Peer Minister in my mailbox last week. I questioned applying and wrestled with it, but I couldn't decide what to do. I had a chat with my Minister friend Steve and he said I might want to hold off on it, because next year is going to be a busy year of IYC responsibilities for me. Along with track and school and such. I might hold off on SPM until senior year. Anyway, I didn't send in the application.

This whole post is about rejections, applications, and questions. Life is good. Really. I'm just questioning and discerning what my next couple of steps are. 

Isn't it enough to be young and free now? One of my friends suggested I hike the Appalachian trail, would this be a good summer to do that? Perhaps not. I don't really have the money to do much, besides earn money this summer. Ah, summer. What am I going to do with myself? Hoping something presents itself soon.

Lost Episodes: 45/121

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to my first summer as a "real" college student. My friends and I have big plans. Perhaps a road trip to New Hampshire in order to reunite the four of us (two of whom are from VA, one from NH, and me from PA)?
    Or a group trip to the beach?

    But, on the other hand, I have somewhat low expectations. I've had high expectations for summers before that never quite panned out. But I am excited to see what happens. I feel I will have easier access to more freedom as a "real" college student.

    And, if things don't work out the way we plan, my summer will be filled with work (approx. 35 hours a week, money!) and spending time getting to know the boy. :)

    Either way, I'm looking forward to this summer more than any other summer before, probably.

    ReplyDelete