January 22, 2013

Fabric, Friends, and Faithful Prophets

After driving 3,000 miles in 7 days, I took a few days to enjoy being home before heading back to the Offices in Elgin. It was a wonderful rejuvenating long weekend with friends and family in the Valley. 

I've wanted some modest, long skirts, but haven't been able to find what I want at Goodwill. So, Mom and I took to Ragtime Fabrics to find some fun material. 

In addition to the fabric I found at Ragtime, I had some lovely woven fabric from my trip to Burma. Grandma started with this one first. 

Grandma's hands at work. 
She's become QUITE the quilter and had a T-Shirt quilt waiting for me when I returned home from India last year. I ended up providing the fabric and she crafted two skirts for me! 

Camp Music Jam Session? Yes, please! 
I have missed singing camp songs with wonderful people. 
Happy Heart! 

On MLK day, I went with some BC friends to see Shane Claiborne speak at EMU. 

Some blurry Bridgewater friends and Shane.

This is the wonderful weather I'm returning to in Elgin! BRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment