December 8, 2012

Baked Apple Oatmeal

I have a deep love for oatmeal. It's my favorite breakfast food. Oatmeal, granola, baked oatmeal...mmMMmm! I usually make Baked Banana Oatmeal, but we didn't have any bananas - only apples! So, I decided to jazz up the basic recipe that I use.



Ingredients: 
3 cups rolled oats
1 apple (peeled and chopped)
1 Egg
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 applesauce
1/3 cup apple butter
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 handful of raisins
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

EDIT (1/28/13): I've started making this without milk, eggs, or oil and voila it becomes vegan! Just increase apple butter to 1/2 cup instead of 1/3.

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
1. In a medium bowl mix together oil, brown sugar, egg, applesauce, apple butter, cinnamon, vanilla, apple, walnuts, and raisins.
2. Add oats, milk, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes. 
3. Pour mixture into a greased 8 inch square baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let sit for about 3 minutes and serve warm. 


I love eating baked oatmeal with greek yogurt, but you can also serve with milk or syrup. 
De-light-ful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment