December 14, 2012

What rocked your world, changed your life, shifted the ground beneath your feet?

For a couple of hours, there was nothing beneath my feet apart from the metal and plastic layers of an airplane separating me from the sky, as I flew 710 miles from Dulles to O'Hare this past August. 

My whole world has shifted this year. I graduated from college. I've started BVS. I've closed one chapter and opened another. My time is spent planning for an amazing summer of service, instead of plowing through a Sociology paper or pouring over a textbook about Community. I'm in a new place with (mostly) new faces and a whole new routine. I'm learning how to navigate the post-college (volunteer year) young adult world and it's all new territory for me! My life is shifting and changing around me - taking new forms in new seasons. I feel that the ground beneath my feet will be shifting sands for a couple of years and I'm trying to come to terms with that.

---

Inspiration to do this series came from Dana. You can find the whole 2012 Examen Blog Prompt list here





No comments:

Post a Comment